Stay connected ... follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Official GAA Club Website
Official GAA Club Website
© 2019 Mooncoin GAA Club. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mooncoin GAA Club's Commitment to
Child Protection & Welfare
Mooncoin GAA juvenile and Senior Clubs are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. Mooncoin GAA is positively committed to and will fulfil its obligations and duties in line with legal
requirements and national GAA guidance including:
- Children First - National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of Children (Department of Health & Children)
- GAA Code of Best practice in Youth Sport
- GAA Code of Behaviour
- GAA Guidelines for Dealing with Allegations of Abuse
Go to Download Forms section for GAA guidelines and codes
Mooncoin GAA is committed to the welfare and protection of all its players both in the juvenile and senior clubs. Mooncoin GAA recognises the importance of such GAA initiatives and fully supports and complies with the expectations of the GAA's approach to child protection and child welfare.
The Gaelic Athletic Association is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for all young people who participate in our Gaelic Games and activities. We shall take all practical steps to protect young people from discernable forms of abuse, from harm, discrimination or degrading treatment and shall respect their rights, wishes and feelings.
The GAA believes that the welfare of the child is paramount and recognises that all children have the right to be safe and that this fundamental principal takes precedence over all other considerations.
Children have the right to be protected from all forms of violence; they must be kept safe from harm, and they must be given proper care by those looking after them (Article 19: UN Convention on the Rights of the Child).
The Gaelic Athletic Association is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for all young people who wish to participate in our Gaelic Games and activities. We will take all practicable steps to protect them from discernable forms of abuse, from harm, discrimination ordegrading treatment and shall respect their rights, wishes and feelings.
We do this by:
The Children's Officer and Designated Person for Mooncoin GAA is Colm Lehane, Vice Chairman of the Mooncoin Juvenile GAA - 087 2743537
- Recognising that all children have the right to be protected from harm.
- Ensuring that all of our coaches and volunteers are carefullyrecruited and selected and that they accept responsibility for ensuring the well-being of children in their care.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to protect the welfare of children who participate in our games and related activities.
- Providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns that they may have.
- Appointing Children's Officers in each of our Clubs and at County Board level.
- Appointing a National Children's Officer to oversee the implementation of good child protection and welfare practices within the Association.
- Appointing a Designated Person in each Club and County who will liaise with the statutory authorities as appropriate.
- Appointing a National Designated Person to assist in the processing of child protection and welfare matters.
- Ensuring that all allegations of abuse of young people are confidentially dealt with in accordance the Association's Guidelines for Dealing with Allegations of Abuse (Fourth Edition 2009) and with statutory guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection procedure and policies on an on-going basis.
- Ensuring that members, coaches, team mentors, administrators, parents/guardians and spectators sign up to and adhere to our Code of Behaviour.
HSE Social Work Service - Waterford Community Services, Cork Road, Co. Waterford. Tel: (051) 842 827
Gardai - Mooncoin Garda Station. Mooncoin Co. Kilkenny. Tel: (051) 895122
The main contact nationally in the GAA for Child Welfare & Protection is Gearoid O Maoilmhichil, National Children's Officer. He is contactable at (01) 8363222 & email@example.com.
Mooncoin GAA encourages anyone with a concern regarding the protection or welfare of a child involved in GAA activities to share that information to the appropriate person without delay.
Website designed and sponsored by Fergal O'Hanlon Website Design.